Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

At this moment I can hear the sounds of the firecrackers from outside the house...A joyous night for many people, 1.1.2010 ....... I wish I could take my children somewhere near Jitra to witness this special event...but I 've got too many 'bothering' things in my head now.

Remembering 2009 which had left us....there were so many memories to cherish , and some 'things' wanting desperately to be forgotten.




I remember one night.... I had this very intense argument with a 'mad man' due to some misunderstandings at a parking lot. I was willing to say sorry (although I knew I was not wrong) but he kept on shouting and swearing , accusing me and challenging my sanity. He even insulted my dignity and 'aurah' in front of many people...I was waiting if he would ever going to punch me on my face because I also uttered some words I knew that would make him angry . Fortunately, he didn't.

He left the scene shortly after that. Although I tried to compose myself tback to the normal situation, I was actually really shaken by the incident. I knew my children was also scared but I told them to calm down. Later, i drove me and my children home quietly. As soon as I got into my room, I burst into tears. I felt so brutally insulted by what had happened. I was asking myself then...
"Is this the price of being independent?"

2 comments:

tireless mom said...

Dear Yong

Sorry to read about the fateful incident. Hope you have a great 2010 ahead.

Anonymous said...

What a day!Sorry to hear that.