Sunday, December 19, 2010

My weekend..

It started with Friday...The Language Camp. 8am till 5.30pm. A  break in between for solat.  The Pengarah came to officiate the programme...well, at least he showed some concerns.

I got to be a fascilitator this time. Before, I was the AJK and the Coordinator. My group is called Ben Ten (Group Ten). I was not very sure what to do with them at first. I felt a bit akward because none of my student was in the group. But I managed to smile and kept on talking and talking until everything is at ease. Luckily they were a bunch of students who easily adapted to each other's profile. Then, they created the cheers, flag and logo for the team (got 3rd place in the competition...not bad at all!)

Nothing much to say about the language camp this time as it happened only in a day. Last time it used to be 3 days and 2 nights affair. Very limited budget it seems. However, my colleagues made some efforts to keep the spirit high. Naza bought some nasi lemak for me and others. 'Teh Tarik', complimentary from Shah...'Cucoqs' from Kak Yan...and so, we sat at the round table and had a good morning chat while having the breakfast...team work, right?

Despite the heat, I admitted that I had a few good laughs with the contestants of Spell It Right competition (I was also handling this contest with Liza). A lot of actions and body gestures were seen as they were trying to figure out the correct spelling of the word. Some of them could not even spell easy words like 'fanciful', 'schedule' and 'happiness..' but some were able to spell difficult word like 'procrastination' (sounds familiar?).
This competition was the last to finish because at times we cracked some jokes with the students.

I left the hall right after I got the token of appreciation from Mr Ash...and, at home some relatives were waiting for me. They came all the way from Baling to visit me and my family. We had a long conversation at home and continued at a Thai restaurant when my hubby treated them with dinner. Before they left, I kissed and hugged ' Makcik' tightly.. Felt like crying. Felt like  she was my mum...

It was around 10 pm when they left Jitra. We also went straight back home after that. i had my bath and began to feel so comfy and sleepy after that..So, I  just jumped on the bed and slept like a baby till 5 am...
As soon as I woke up, I turned on the computer and do my assignment which is due TODAY.

And TODAY...I had my Masters classes from 9am till 5pm with 2 breaks in between. It was a long and tiring day for me  as after the classes I had to go  to the Night Market (pulak....) with Amirah to get some provisions for home. By the time we reached home it was already dark.... (macammana tak letih...)

Good night everyone! I need a good night rest now.

(Will be seeing students as early as 8 am tomorrow morning..8 more hours to go!)

No comments: