Thursday, December 16, 2010

Young and furious....

Ikmall- at another friend's PC, getting permission to go out

Ikmall   is also an English lecturer in KMK. He was just tranfered from KMKJ this year. We are not that close to each other but we always have our morning breaks or breakfasts together with other members of the unit. And Ikmall always has jokes or stories to tell especially about his students. However, last Sunday he was 'the story' of his students...

Ikmall got mad at his students that morning. I was in the classroom, just 1 door from his. He was sitting on the table of  a classroom with lights off and he was shouting.  It was so loud that it scared many people around including me. I thought it was another'hysteria'. When the class ended I left the classroom and went back to my cubicle. As I was entering the unit, I saw Ikmall. I asked him whether it was him who shouted in classroom just now and he said yes..I told him that it was scary and he just laughed.

Actually, I seldom see any male English lecturer got 'mad' like Ikmall. When I got angry at my students I would just gave them some 'wicked' words, just left the students in the middle of the class and let them feel guilty or wonder what is happening to their teacher...After that the whole day would be like SHIT!

Today, Ikmall had to leave work early..before 9am...His pregnant wife was having a complication with his 3rd child...That's another thing with Ikmall...He may look young and trendy but  between work and family, the latter would always come first. It's a common thing lately to see him dashes out of KMK when he received 'not so good' news about his pregnant wife. How many men would do this to their wife nowadays? I've seen many of my friends who always go to the clinics for maternity check-up alone, without their husband.

Well, I hope everything will turn out well for Ikmall and his family. Then, we could all have breakfast again as usual with rest of the gang.. :))

No comments: