Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SEPTEMBER 16 2008


While many people were waiting for the "D Day" today, I was celebrating my only son's birthday in silence. Muhammad Asyraf bin Ayoib was borne today, 16 years ago in Badjan Clinic Ipoh. He was borne through the 'natural channel' without me having any tear or stitches. I think it's something miracle.

The most striking feature of Asyraf is that he looks like my late grandfather. The skin colour tone, the face and the overall look. I know I missed my grandfather when I looked at him. And everyone was very happy indeed especially my parents. It was their first male borne too since there was no male species in the family before except my father. My father was the most excited. He even 'donate' some bananas to the mosque nearby as soon as he got the news. However, there was a very sad incident happened on that day too. A lady who was also given birth to her first boy died after giving birth to her baby. Her bed was just right next to me. And I became very emotional every time I heard the baby cried. I could feel that the baby was actually cring because he was longing for the mother.

Anyway, raising Asyraf was really tough because I have never had any experience handling a baby boy. And to make it worse Asyraf himself was a very irritable and cranky baby. I didn't have enough sleep when I was raising him due to his 'unsettled' nature. Luckily Amirah who was only one year old at that time was easy to take care off and she slept through the night with her father.

But now Asyraf has changed so much since he went to the boarding school. He is no more a coward and scared of being alone like before. He's independent and most helpful when he's around. Asyraf also has some of my father and my talents, even much better than me actually. He loves to draw and he's excellent in making sketces and illustrations. He told me that he really wants to be an architect. And, I'm going to do my best to make sure his dream comes true.

Well, Happy Birthday to you, son. Hope you'll be healthy, wealthy and wise in many years to come. SELAMAT HARI MALAYSIA!!! (Hopefully we could celebrate your birthday during holiday next year onwards just like Najihah's@31 August).

No comments: