Thursday, May 28, 2009

PAUSE

Usually, I woke up at 6 am. Washed my face, went to the kitchen and immediately turned on the kettle. Then, prepared breakfast for the family. Sometimes I cook nasi goreng if there is any leftover rice in the pot. Otherwise it would be french toast or egg sandwich. For drinks it would be milo for the children and coffee, misai kuching tea or Radix coffee for my husband. For me...none, because there's always not enough time for me to have breakfast at home. I really need to rush.


When they are all left home for school and office around 7, then only I took my bath and dressed up. And it's always around 15-20 minutes more before I left the house for work. It's normal that sometimes after getting into the car, I have to enter back to the house because I left my watch, or phone or I simply forgot to turn off the water pressure switch. Then, later on I would be driving the car like the F1 driver. No choice. Had to be at the office by 8.


At work, besides going to classes, there would always be other clerical jobs to be done. Preparing worksheets and notes , checking students' work, organizing files, etc..etc...Other informal work are consulting and entertaining the students whenever they see me at my cubicle. My colleagues also liked to stop by and chat with me. Even if I was busy, I would always welcome them. I don't have the heart to reject.


I didn't leave the college at 4 most of the time. I would go back later than that. It's either I had some work to be done with before the next day or because I had to fetch Masyitah from school at 5.30. There are always some things to do. I would always be home at 6, sometimes later if I had to go the supermarket to buy groceries or pasar malam to be get some provisions. If I felt unwell, then, no matter what, I would just leave at 4.

There were also three days in a week that I had to go back and forth between Changlun and Jitra during work due to Anisah's safety. I took her to my work place after school, bought her lunch and let her use my computer until it's time for me to fetch Masyitah from school. Sometimes she did not use the computer. She just slept on the chair. She must be tired, I know.

At home, washing clothes is a must on many nights. In the meantime, I would cook dinner for the family but ocassionally I would just buy it at the food court in Jitra either if I was so exhausted or hubby was outstationed . I was quite lucky to find Ani, a lady who ironed the clothes for me. Sometimes, she would also help me to clean the house. Before she came to work for me, I had to iron all the clothes for the family and it's a never ending job.

Do I have time to pamper myself? Not at the moment. Too busy for that. I'd love to go to beauty spa and have my whole body massaged and pampered with aromatherapic oil. Or having a holiday with the family without thinking about anything else except fun. Hmm...bila la tu?

Bedtime is at 10pm if I was so exhausted and tired. Otherwise, it would be around 11 or 12... If I was awake enough, I would watch TV, if not...Nite2!!! Yes, this is my life for the past many years but I don't regret a bit as long my family is happy and contented. As long as everyone is provisioned and nourished. I wouldn't mind doing that for all. I know many of us are having the same busy schedule , and it would be even busier when you have other things and matters to take care of such as your friends, parents, in-laws and siblings.

I pray to God that evreything will work smoothly and well and that God will give me guidance, resilience, patience and perseverence in carrying out the tasks. Despite the heavy duty job that I'm handling (like most mothers in the world). I thank God for giving me the strength that I need, for blessing me with a family that helps me to be courageous, determined and most of all who gives me the love that some people in the world do not get.
Aameen...

2 comments:

MFL said...

Gosh, just reading what you do everyday make me exhausted...Gagah betul you ni. The family members are well nourished, indeed.
You are a very good cook. Dah lama Yong tak letak gambar makanan dlm blog. Tengok aje I dah lapar.

apanama said...

you're over feed-limit at this stage. reduce consumption.