Saturday, May 23, 2009

When I was 9


I used to wake up very early in the morning when I was in Std 3. My father woke me up. Usually it was around 5.30 in the morning. Sometimes it's already Subh sometimes it was not but the day was usually still very cold and dark. My father would then boil some water for me so that I could have a warm bath. He would spare a mug of the hot water for my Milo. After I had my bath, i would slip my white shirt and blue pinafore over my body. Then my parents and I along with my other younger sister would have our solat Subh together. My father's favourite surahs were "Waddhuha and Alam Nashrah". From there , I learnt the surahs by heart.
Also, almost every morning, my best friend, Nana would stopped by at my house before going to school. She's quite dark skinned but very sweet and had a mole at the left side of her small mouth. We were the best of buddies until she left school a year later. Sadly, up until now I could not get a trace of her.
Nana was such a good friend. She would share everything with me including her lunch. Talking about Nana, I remember that sometimes, if I was early, I would then go to her house before going to school. While waiting for her to get dressed, her mom would never forget to prepare an additional cup of milo for me too. I can't recall her mom's name but I still remember her father's name- Pakcik Ariffin. I had other good friends too- Norzita (now in China) and Juliana (a eurasian, now staying in Shah Alam)but Nana was closer to me...miss her so much.

No comments: