Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


As I was wishing my husband, "Happy Father's Day", my mind flew off to Simpang Pulai. What was my father doing at that moment? He is old and fragile but the spirit and courage are still there. I was at the kitchen table one day when I saw my Abah who was on wheel chair pushing my ailing mum(who was on a different wheel chair) to the bathroom to take wudhu'. My, my, my...what a sight. And with his limited strength and capabilities he also helped my mum to prepare for solat, wheel to wheel....
Yes, in terms of SOLAT and other religious matters, Abah has no tolerance. He was the first to teach me how to read the Quran, solat 5 times a day, take baths before 6 and go to bed at nine. He also woke me up before subuh when I was young and asked me to read books after Subh before I went to school. He taught me to be responsible for my younger sisters and that I should never leave them behind whenever we walked together. As I became older, he told me to be a good role model to my siblings, in terms of education and domestic work . In short, I must always show an excellent example
to my younger sisters at school and in the house. FULLSTOP! It's quite tough but I have no regret!

To ABAH, TQ for being a father that many children don't have...TQ for being the one and only ABAH for the 5 daughters of yours
,
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

No comments: