Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me

I woke up early in the morning to find two sms mother's day wishes for me on the phone. One from my boy, Asyraf and one from Razif, a former PDT student that I never taught in class but very fond of me. That's it! No more wishes except from my sisters, Amirah who asked me to get my card from her school security guard and Masyitah who persuaded me to buy her a mother's day card and later gave the card back to me after she had written something on it.

That's it! No more! Not like last year....And somebody made the effort to see a friend who had just delivered a baby but forgotten to give a wish to the mother of his 6 children...

So, what do I have to say on this Mother's Day? I wish I could be a better mom and could attend to all their needs. But please children, I'm not a Super Mom. I'm just as fragile as any mothers on earth that you all know.

Just a note...At first I called myself 'emak' to 'Adilah when she was borned. But, later after I paid a visit to see Uci (my late paternal grandmother), I changed my mind. Uci suggested that I should let my children call me 'ibu' because it has a 'softer tone', according to her. So, I thought, why not? At least, I have something to remember about my Uci when she's gone. So, from that day onwards I became 'Ibu' for my 6 beautiful and unique children.

To my children, here's something for you all...


Gurindam Dua Belas

Apabila banyak berkata-kata,
di situlah jalan masuk dusta.
Apabila banyak berlebih suka,
itulah tanda hampirkan duka.
Apabila kita kurang siasat,
itulah tanda pekerjaan hendak sesat.
Apabila anak tidak dilatih,
jika besar bapanya letih.
Apabila banyak mencela orang,
itulah tanda dirinya kurang.
Apabila orang yang banyak tidur,
sia-sia sahajalah umur.

No comments: