Thursday, May 29, 2008

True Umrah stories Part 1


(Father and both Mums)


(The folding chair that my mum-in-law used to sit in Masjidil Haram. We carried it all the way from the hotel, everyday)


(At the Jeddah Airport. Mum just woke up from her nap...)

Taking care of 3 fragile old man and women in Mecca was not easy. The journey to Medina and Mecca was always rough and challenging. Whether it's in the hotel or during trips to historic places, taking them to the toilets or washrooms always took the longest time and it required you to have a lot of patience when handling them. Other Jemaahs would always have to wait for me and my "mums" in the bus. I hoped they understood our situation as both my mums could not walk properly. And it was worsen by the condition of my mother who was always weak. Her eye sight was also blurred.

Everyday, my mother-in-law and I would walk side by side while I pushed my mum on the wheel chair to and fro the mosque. And I never missed any of the solat during my stay in Medina and Mecca. I even managed to go to Friday Solat twice, both in Medina and Mecca. Yes. it was tiring but it was an experience of a life time. I never thought I was that patient and courages enough to do a lot of things for my mums and dad.

Once, I pulled the hands of the security guard (woman) in Nabawi mosque because she did not believe that I need to get back into the mosque to see my mum who was in pain, sitting against one of the pillars in the mosque. And as everyone knows, the security guards in Medina and Mekah are all big sized, rough and strong. But I lost my patience that day. I pushed back the guard and took her to see my mum. I knew she could not believe her eyes to what I had done to her and she seemed very angry. but when she saw the condition of my mum, she quickly called other guards to get a wheel chair for my mum. She even touched my face gently like she was trying to comfort me.
And from that day, my wish to help my parents fulfilled their dreams to perform umrah was granted. I managed to do the 'wajibs' only.

And I was also wrong...the race of people that i thought was harsh and rough was the one that came to me and comfort me with kind words and getures during my 'injury' hours in Mecca. They pat on my back and rubbed my shoulder with words that I don't understand but I know that they were trying to soothe me. Allah is really great. He opened up my eyes and mind to see the truth and not to be blinded with pride and prejudice.

No comments: