Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Tearcher's Day

The first thing that came to my mind today is 'Cikgu Aminah bt Abdullah'. The one person that first taught me ABC in class. She was my former Kindergarten teacher in Markas PPH Ulu Kinta, Ipoh. She was a Dutch borned married to a Kedahian police officer. And, although she's a Mat Salleh, she was able to teach me to and write in BM and English at the Kindergarten level. And it happened that her eldest daughter is my former classmate from Std 1 till Std 3. Then, she became my husband's schoolmate from Form 4-5. So, I contacted Juliana, my teacher's daughter to get in touch with her mum.

And I got the number just now. Smsed her and wished her. She replied which made me the happiest person on earth today because I've got to contact my oldest teacher again. And I would also like to wish Happy Teacher's Day to my former teachers at Marian Convent School, Ipoh especially Hajah Chik who forced me to memorised my 'sifir' and my teachers at Sekolah Tun Fatimah, JB especially Cikgu Masdar, my form teacher, my Ustazahs and Ustaz Joe who had the best teaching method in the world for Ugama and all teachers that taught me and my classmates in the Social Science class, 1982-1983.What about you guys? Have wished you teacher today?

I would also like to say tq , to my Mentee, Zulhilmi who first wished me last, at exactly, 12.01am. Plus Aslam, Ct and others this morning...and surprisingly, Adibah, my x-student from KMP who had wished me without fail every year. She's now in teaching in Kapit, Sarawak..

To my fellow friends at KMK and KMP, Happy teacher's Day!
Salute!!!

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”

No comments: