Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gamarjobat Trip to KL (16-18 October 2008)




We departed from KMK at about 5pm. The journey was quite long as it was raining along the way. We reached the Wisma Belia hotel at about 12 am. After giving out the keys to the lecturers and students, we all went to our rooms. But there were some unpleasant things about the hotel. First, the corridors. They were dark and eerie. Then, the aircond. There were only 2 remote controls catered for the whole building? Unbelievable...and it cannot be controlled? Anyway, the students didn't seem to be bothered by them. They just need the bed to lie down and the bathroom to wash themselves.

Khairul-reciting doa in English before we depart.

Amirul, Khairul and Abid ariving at the Wisma BElia....


The next day we all went to the National Library and was entertained by 2 officers. The tour was very fruitful and informative. As usual, students took pictures and tried out some facilities that were offered at the library. There was also an Asian Wedding Exibition held at the concourse. They had very interesting display of pictures and costumes at the exhibition.
Students trying out the audio/video equipment

On the 'pengantin' stage with my Account students.
News Straits Times, that day, 125 years ago...

Desmond and Chong who made up their minds the last minute.


We went to MidValley after that. I had a taste of Baskin Robbins ice cream after sucha long time. At 4.00pm we boarded back on the bus and went back to the hotel. We had a few hours of rest before we went to The Actors Studio to watch Gamarjobat.

That night everyone was wearing their best outfit for the theatre. I could sense their eagerness to watch it as it was their first time watching a show as such. We were suppossed to have our dinner there but unfortunately, the food court was closed. So, we roamed around the building and at last my friends and I were only able to find Uncle Chillies. It was funny I think becuase for RM65 dinner which consisted of fries, drinks and a very large burger, we had to share 4 (Over budget). But the burger was fresh and nicely done. The fries were natural, thick and very tasty.
My dinner.....

Sakinah and friends having a 'light dinner before the show.


And there was no words than could describe how highly entertained we all were watching the show.I was sitting with Yanti, Shah, Farid and Shakira at the first row of the seats. I managed to 'zoom' at my students and what a relief to see them laughing too. Abid, my account student and Shakira were specially picked up by the Gamarjobat duo to participate on the stage. I was happy for them. Truly I was...And after the show, when we were on the bus, a student came to me with his thumbs up and said, "Awesome, Madam. It's awesome." Wow! That remark made me smile the whole night.
Maisarah and friends after the show.



The next day, after checking out, we went to the National Planetarium. It's not that interesting actually except for it's eco theatre. Something like the one in Melbourne Natural Science Museum. We sat down on this comfortable chair and watch a documentary about our eco system and its natural landscape. Yes, it's an experience of a lifetime but it nearly made me vomitted.
Hibernating?

It was raining on and off all the way back to Kedah from Kl. Although it was tiring, I was really happy that I could do something valuable and fun with my students and friends this semester. I want them to have something memorable to take with them when they leave KMK. As for me, it's something really pleasurable for me to see them happy. When they're happy, I'm not that gloomy anymore. Tq guys... for making this trip a memorable one.

Shah and the bus driver.



HAPPINESS IS WHEN YOU MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY.
The End.

No comments: