Monday, December 22, 2008

22 Disember 2008 and counting...


Found this chilli plant and daun pandan on my table after coming back from class. They were from Rifae.


It's nearly towards the end of the year and I found that I'm still hook on my blog for some minutes of escapism. It's a place for telling stories where no one would listen. The silence is loud but no worries. Silence is golden.
So, I had some unexpected visitors over the weekends, my former students who were now studying at UTM, Skudai. A bunch of ever happy lads who seldomly fail to make me laugh. I also replied on going e-mails from Najwa who is also studying Medicine in Cairo. She's one of a kind coz she kept on telling me how she missed me and her past life at KMK. And of course Mukmin who sent me incomplete messages...
Today, I went to see the Spelling Bee Competition and 2 of my Account students made it through the finals and they got 2nd and third place. Congratulations! After the event, I 'ordered' the contestants and other students to take more than 1 packed food to their dorms because they were plenty! I even took home 8 of them for dinner.
As usual, students kept on coming in and out of my cubicles to get some consultations about their report writing. I threw some ideas to them and here are a few research topics that they wanted to do:

* Do women really interested in 'older' men as their partner? (of course it's the opposite to what is going on between Rita Rudaini and her partner, but what the heck!)

* Are there really ghosts in KMK?

* Music and its effects on studying.

* Are today's young generation knowledgable? (one of the questions is...Do you know where Bota is? I burst into laughter when I read the question)

* Do KMK students have a healthy lifestyle?

* Are traditional clothes your first choice?

I'm quite interested to see their findings after this and I gave them till 1st of January 2009 as the dateline for the report.
I have no class tomorrow but I'm still going to be very busy. I need to go to Affin Bank in Alor Staq to cash the students' check. Then, buy my children's school exercise books at their school. After that, I need to send my mum in law's jubah for alteration, fetch my children from home and take them to the Pengarah's son's wedding. After work...scout for the new washing machine because the old one has broken down!!!

Phew!

THE END.

p/s: I wrote this yesterday but I'm only able to post it today.

3 comments:

MFL said...

Hi,
Sibuknye kome...relax.
You definitely deserve a break, girl.
Contact me bila sampai KL nanti. I'll pick you up kat Nomad Sucasa. Jumpa di sana..

tireless mom said...

The research topics are interesting. Can't recall doing similar topics like this in my university days. Ini assignment year end or new year?

See you on Sunday.

tearose said...

Looking forward to seeing you all too!