Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MIKIM 2009, Port Dickson, N9

I went to PD last two weeks and brought Fadhil and Ning to represent KMK in the storytelling competition. We stayed at the Glory Beach Hotel. The accommodation and food was just ok but the beach...well, I like Langkawi and Penang better.
I met a lot of old friends at the hotel. Ainis, Dura, Wahida, Zack, Tok wan etc..etc..
Fadhil came a bit late that day and that night 2 days before the competition day, he told me that he felt sick. Yes, he looked ill alright. His eyes were red and watery. So, after the briefing by the coordinator, I quickly went to the hotel provision store and bought him some soluble panadols, a big bottle of mineral water and two bottles of 'air badak'. I asked him to take the medicine and get some rest. Well, he did take some rest. I was only able to see him late in the evening the next day. He told me that he slept like a baby...Maybe he was drugged by the pills.

So, we won again, 2nd place again. Ning didn't win anything but I know she had tried her best. But Fadhil who was as charismatic as what he used to be put up a fascinating story of Fifi and the Spirit of Raden and Sui Yai which I adapted from "Do You Believe Now?" a story which I took from the internet. He delivered it quite well. Before we went back, he gave me a beautiful purple shawl as my birthday present. I was truly overwhelmed by his gesture. I'm the one who is supposed to give him a present...Well, I told my friends, no more storytelling after this. I need to take a break...

Me and El


El practicing at the hotel's garden with me and Ning

No comments: