Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well....

It might be around 4 pm in Arab Saudi now, the land where my dear 'brother' and his friends may be. I got a few unexpected calls and smses today, and one of them was from him. He is now embarking into a journey of a lifetime. Something I hope he will remember for the rest of his life. A travel that hopefully would change the course of his life to something better. I think many people experience this when they visited Mecca. And we especially realised this after we lifted off our feet from the holy land. I remembered how sunken my heart felt as I was leaving the compound of the masjidil haram last year. It's a kind of feeling that's very hard to describe.

Today also, I received this 'very surprising' call from Gina, my friend, my classmate, my monitor who sat next to me for 2 years from Form 4 till form 5. We couldn't talk long due to time constrain but I have her phone no now. Maybe I'll call her or see her someday. Okey...plans, plans, plans....

My own 'adek' in Trengganu also called me...and telling me about her free tickets that she got from her frequent flying trips all year round...Another "rezeki" for me? Well, all smiles for me...and keep you fingers cross, Yong...


p/s: This song is sung by Muadz, a nasyid singer whom I'm yet to meet..We only contacted with each other through a few smses and calls concerning a concert that is almost....to happen, but...well, maybe soon...if God permits. It's a fresh new kind of music that can capture the vast majority of our young listeners.

4 comments:

MFL said...

Hi Yong,
How's life?

Lama betul tak jumpa Gina. The the last time I saw her was during Tweet's wedding kat H.Istana in 2004. So anggun unlike yours truly. Tak sempat berborak panjang pun. Setakat hi hi bye bye aje.

What about the "other Gina"?
Any news from her?

Diah

tearose said...

The other Gina...gone with the wind I guess...

tireless mom said...

Hi Tearose

Eh, I thot you are going to the Holy land soon too? Did I miss any post on this?

Hope Gina is ok.

tearose said...

Memang nak pi...tapi tengah settle a few things before going. Tengoklah, insyallah around July kot..