Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unhappy promotion

The most awaited news had finally arrived yesterday. Everyone got promoted but some had to leave KMK if they want to get the 'perks'. So, it was not really a good news to some of my friends including Mdm H. She will be transferring to Gambang, Pahang very soon. There were actually 4 lecturers from my unit who will go to the same place, in one week time. I didn't really know how to react at first but I knew that I'm going to miss her a lot. She has been a very good and understanding friend to me. We  share almost all stories that we have. Sometimes we also share our 'secrets.' There are things that we talked that we do not share with many people. And, those type of things I share with Mdm H.

Mdm H is many many years younger than me but we had chemistry like some good friends have. We clicked. We always had our lunch and breakfast at work but sometimes we were joined with other friends who we regarded as the same 'clan' as we are. My place has always been the 'port' for many occasions and talks and she is one of the frequent visitors besides Naza, Dhana, Mila, Liza and others. I'm very sure that I will definitely miss her presence when she's gone to Gambang. Today, when she came to see me we both burst into tears before I could even try to console her. I never really thought that I could be witnessing  the same thing after Rifae broke the same news to me last year. I'm not prepared to face the same thing again but I knew I had to face it just as bravely as they did.

Frequent activities done at my place....:)

Makan-makan

Belanja makan...

Jual Kuih raya...

Display jam... (orang kaya aloq staq...:) )


Ironically, when mostly everyone was saddened by the news, there were a few of my friends were quite in joy. Probably they think they need a break from all the mess in the college and start a new life somewhere else. I wouldn't know what to do actually if I were to be put in the that position. U get the promotion which means that you get the increments, more money but you have to be separated from your family due to so called 'duty'.

I have to salute Mr R who confidently took out his pen from his pocket after he received the letter of promotion from the Deputy Director.

"Saya ada tanggungjawab yang lebih berat di sini. Isteri saya sakit. Anak-anak perlukan bimbingan saya. Rezeki ada di mana-mana selagi kita usaha. Apa yang ada dah mencukupi. I don't think I need anything else but my family." said Mr R as he cancelled out the 'setuju' option which showed that he would remain staying in Kedah without being promoted.

So far, I've been blessed for not having to make any 'critical' decision like my friends. I got promoted twice and still remain working in KMK. But if one day, I were to be tested with the same 'task' I told myself that wherever I go, I should not be going alone...at least, one of my children should go with me because it's so hard for me not to be with them for more than a few days. Nevermind the headaches sometimes as long as I can feel the presence of their body around me.

Semua ibu rasa macam tu agaknya...

No comments: