Monday, March 5, 2012

Reflection








There are times that we need to be reminded over and over again that we are not perfect. There are still a lot of things that we need to learn from the world and its inhabitants. Many times we didn't realize that we do make mistakes that could be harmful to our self and others. And when recognize them, the only way ( I think, at least...) is to accept the fact that we had made the mistakes and we must brush away the EGO (a  small word that has a big impact on us) far far away from us. Sorry is another way to reduce the burden of the heavy heart...Well, easy said than done, right? But, It has to be done in order to get back to the ground.

Tomorrow is the birthday of my youngest daughter, Masyitah. I gave her the name because I  wanted her to own the 'value' and 'traits' of  "Masyitah" the maid of Asiah who was the wife of Fir'aun. My daughter is the brightest child in the family...so, I assume she does not need much help from me when she does her homework. She is also independent and very eloquent with her words..But, now , I begin to wonder especially when she's so 'good' at giving out her reasons when she talks to me...did I give her too much freedom to express her feeling? Or was I being irresponsible to her as to compare to her older sisters and brother? I don't know but I think I have to accept the criticism held my older children that I have loosely paid attention on their sister that sometimes when she justify her opinions, she sounds a little bit rude. She can be so bold and blunt!


Hmm..I wish my mom is here to give her wisdom talk...That's one thing that I really miss her despite some differences of opinion we had between us. I never say back to her when she advised me. I always think that whatever she said is true although sometimes she did sound a little bit ridiculous.

"Cuba peluk cium anak2 tu selalu, Yong...Mak jarang nampak kamu cium anak-anak kamu."

Of course I do hugs and kiss my children, but not in front of my mom all the time. And I do more openly nowadays even with my son.  I can feel that they also like to do the same thing to me.

There is nothing in this world that could describe how I love my children  and value the presence of my family. They made me feel 'somebody' although they made me 'mad' sometimes. I could not imagine a life without them because they are  so much alive. I notice that the 'missing' feeling will always creep in everytime they left the house to further their study.

Now, did I sound a little bit emotional? I guess so...but, does it hurt to express any emotions?

 "For a creative writer possession of the "truth" is less important than emotional sincerity" (George Orwell).

Good Night!
                                                                                                            


No comments: