Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nasywa and Fadhil

My dear students,

Nasywa came to see me today around 3 in the afternoon.
"Pardon me madam..." as the tears rolled down on her cheek. She was telling me about her father's sudden death.
At the same time I was also trying very hard not to cry in front of her. It's a sad thing for something like that to happen nearly at the end of the semester. But what touched me the most was her willingness to postpone her studies at kmk to take care of her injured father if her father was alive. I don't think any of my children would do that to me....

Later in the afternoon, around 5pm, Fadhil popped up at my cubicle with a worried kind of smile.
" I think I want to chicken out"
So, we had a half hour of heart to heart talk, exchanging ideas, pouring out feelings till I saw him smiling again, a real smile. A sign of relieve. Well,I pity him but I have the feeling that he will still excel like last time during the storytelling competition. He's very creative and he's a fighter. Yes, I don't mind coaching him for the elocution competition but there are too many responsibilities that I have to take care of...Got to let go some. Really sorry, I have no choice.

Your madam who is also injured,


Have a pleasant day tomorrow everyone. Good night!

No comments: