Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Datuk Lee and the Juara Lagu


I watched the Korean Open from the kitchen coz I was preparing lunch at that time.


Last Sunday, I got to watch the game of our Datuk Lee with this Denmark player that he beat in another badminton game in Malaysia. Yes, he played well, and so is Gade. But I still cannot hide my disappoinment over his lost. Pschologically, I think there's something wrong somewhere.

Then, the wound began to slowly healed as I watched Juara Lagu on tv that nite. I'm no one's fan but I think Faizal Tahir is superb! He was really into the songs and I loved every minute watching him performed. When everyone was liking "Sampai Syurga", I like 'Coba" better because there was no props involved. It was just him and the song. The deliverance was no doubt, excellent!

Indie music was also my kind of music ( talking about Meet Uncle Husin...I like indie movies as well) but my preference is still Faizal Tahir. His vocal is incomparable. Meet Uncle Husin is unique and different but the voice could not 'vow and wow' me. Sorry guys...but congratulations on the win.

Anyway, some comments on the opening of the event...The Stomp Dance. Although I like modern dance, the stomp dance that they had did not do any justice to the competition. Why do they like to have modern dance every year? Why don't they have something more traditional? Well, of course not Mak Yung...just something more exquisite and subtle? Something that can represent our culture. Maybe any Tarian Istana? Something for a change? The closing part was fine...

No comments: