Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year anyone?


Why do we tend to remember more of the lunar New Year than our own Maal Hijrah?
How many of us really recite the end of year and beginnning of Awal Muharram du'a this year? To be honest...I just recite my own du'a in Malay because I was away in KL at that time and had 'du'a book no where near me at that time. And the only 'yaasin' available in the apartment was with mum-in-law. Not a good start heh? Yeah, ok...at least I remember. It was on the 29th December 2008, the last day in our Islamic calendar. Though I could not recite the surah, I pray to God that He guides me to the right path always and forever coz I know I'm at my most fragile and weak position almost everyday of my life.
To all my friends and those reading this blog, Have a fruiful Maal Hijrah. And Happy New year too to my non Muslim friends, students, Genevieve (my best friend in Primary school), Karen Shane (my supervisor at Inst. Survey Research, USA), Michael (the only Mat Salleh who congratulated me at Temple U), etc...etc...
See you all next year? Tomorrow....

p/s I want to write more but my eyes are very tired... I'll write more tomorrow. (oh yes, Sellin called and Adik too...made my night fairly interesting.)

No comments: