Saturday, January 17, 2009

Palestinians and Jews


Dr Ismail Farouqi


When I was in the US studying, I befriended a Palestinian named Razan. She introduced me to ISR (Institute For Survey Research) where I worked part time, as a coder in the beginning till I was promoted to a Supervisor before I graduated. She's quite modern but she wore scarfs like most Muslim women do. She's very nice and polite. One of my lecturers in the States was also a prominent Palestian figure, Dr Ismail Farouqi. He was kind (like a grandfather) but at the same he was also very strict with his students. He married an American who was specialized in Islamic Arts and Music. Unfortunately both Dr Farouqi and wife did not live long to witness what's happening in Gaza today. They were killed by a black man in their own house. It's believed that their untimely death was plotted and not by accident.

And...the irony thing is I also got to now this Jew when I was boarding a MAS plane from Los Angeles to KL. He introduced himself to me and he said he's goingto KL fr some business. I was on my way home to send 'Adilah to her grandparents. The Jew sat next to me on the plane and he was very nice to me. Everytime I wanted to breastfeed my daughter, she would turned away his face from me. Otherwise, he would be talking to me if I was not sleeping. A few times he ordered fresh milk for me whenever he asked for one for himself from the stewardess. I was thinking at that time...(and now too...)was he a zionist?




My heart broke eveytime I saw pictures like this. Anyone still remember Sabra and Shatilla?

3 comments:

APRILovesBLACKcoffee.....* said...

Missed you IBU :'(

tearose said...

Don't be..enjoy your stay there while you can. I missed my life in Philadelphia. Missed the Chesnut Street, 8th street and Gimbles, the subway, John Wanamaker, Italian Market, the museum of art, The Philadelphia rowing team, Temple University of course!

tireless mom said...

Dear Tearose

Tak tahan nengok the gruesome pics. Inikan menahan all the kesengsaraan. Save the Palestinians. Damn the Zionists.